With a billion users globally, Instagram is currently considered the king of social media. While it’s a fun way to share cute photographs and tales, hackers are increasingly targeting it. You do not even have to be a great coder or software enthusiast, and many websites allow you to hack any person’s Instagram easily. For some people having their Instagrams stolen is like having their identities snatched away from them. So in this day and age, where anyone can hack an Instagram password online, you need to learn some security measures to protect your identity.
How do people hack Instagram?
Hacking Instagram is not a tough thing to do. There are several ways to execute a piece of clever trickery and take control of your account. Some of them are:
- Malicious Software: If your computer is infected with a virus, your login information may be saved when you log into your account. You may have received dangerous software by clicking on a strange link or downloading an attachment from an unsolicited email.
- Weak Passwords: If you use the same password for another account and it’s exposed as part of a data breach, fraudsters could use it to access your account.
- Device Access: If your Instagram account is automatically logged in on your phone or computer, and someone else gets access to that device, they can log in and hack your account. If a hacker has access to your email or phone, they may be able to obtain the verification code needed to log into your account if they don’t know your password.
How to protect yourself?
To protect your account is as easy as it is to hack it. You don’t always need any fancy application or software to protect yourself. The majority of times, some precautions are enough to protect your identity and your account. Some steps you can take are:
- Do not download applications or software from unauthorized websites or portals. Always double-check the authorization before downloading an app.
- Try to generate non-obvious passwords for the account. Anyone can hack an Instagram password online, and you also have the freedom to use a password generator to generate a more secure password.
- Always pay attention to what permissions an app is demanding, do not give unreasonable permissions to any app.
- Change your password within a regular window of time.
Although hacking Instagram is not a difficult task, you can very easily protect your data and identity by practicing some precautions ahead of time. Practice these precautions and be hack-secure.